A. Website Usage
Last Modified. July 14, 2022.
B. Attorney-Client Protected Information
If we represent you in your bankruptcy, Burleson Legal Group will collect nonpublic personal information about you only in connection with providing you with the legal or fiduciary accounting services (i.e. such as the maintenance of trust accounts) that you request. We do not sell client information to anyone or disclose client information to marketing companies. Federal law, as well as our professional duties as attorneys, requires us to protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
The types of nonpublic personal information that we may collect in the course of representing you may include:
- Information you provide to us such as your address, social security number, income, assets, liabilities, and other financial or household information that may be needed;
- Information about your relationship with us (such as the type of legal service we provide to you, your invoice balances, and your payment history); and
- Information that we receive, with your authorization, or as a result of legal action taken on your behalf, from third parties such as attorneys, creditors, collection agents, collection attorneys, bankruptcy Trustees, consumer credit reporting agencies, finance companies, accountants, financial advisors, insurance agents, banking institutions and others.
Burleson Legal Group will not disclose any public or nonpublic information about you that you have provided to us to anyone outside of our firm, except as authorized by you or required by law such as the Bankruptcy Code, the Federal Bankruptcy Rules, or the local Bankruptcy Court rules in your jurisdiction. All attorneys and employees of Burleson Legal Group are required to maintain the confidentiality of all nonpublic personal information about you.
With your consent, we may disclose personal information to a third-party contractor, such as an appraiser or accountant, who is assisting us in providing professional services to you. Also, in order to provide proper services to clients we will release information to the extent required by law, rule, or regulation. For example, some information filed with the Bankruptcy Court may be public record and/or able to be obtained by others for a fee. Therefore, some information about you would be accessible to the public.
Terms of Service
A. Attorney-Client Relationship
The information contained on this website is not intended and shall not be deemed to be legal advice or constitute the provision of legal opinions or services to any user of this website. Where there is a statement of law on this website, it is strictly to give the user a general understanding of the law and is not specific legal advice. The information available on or through this website is not intended to be and shall not be used as a substitute for the advice provided by an attorney after consultation. Hiring a lawyer is an important decision and therefore should not be based only on any advertisement or website. Burleson Legal Group welcomes contact via email. Please remember that email is not secure and you should not send any sensitive or confidential information via email.
No information or advice, oral or written, obtained by you from the website of Burleson Legal Group or through or from the services or information provided on or through links from this website shall create any form of an attorney-client relationship between you, the user of this website, and Burleson Legal Group.
B. Intellectual Property
We reserve all of our rights, including but not limited to any and all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, and any other proprietary right that we may have in our web site, its content, and the goods and services that may be provided. The use of our rights and property requires our prior written consent. We are not providing you with any implied or express licenses or rights by making services available to you and you will have no rights to make any commercial uses of our web site or service without our prior written consent. All information or data of any kind, whether text, software, code, music or sound, photographs or graphics, video or other materials (“content”), publicly or privately provided, is our property unless it is otherwise stated. Reproduction of part or all of the content in any form is strictly prohibited. None of the content of this web site may be copied or otherwise incorporated into or stored in any other website, electronic retrieval system, publication or other work in any form (whether hard copy, electronic or other).
By using this website you expressly understand and agree that:
- Your use of the website is at your sole risk. The website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Burleson Legal Group expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
- Burleson Legal Group makes no warranty that: this website will meet your requirements; this website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; any results obtained from the use of this website will be accurate or reliable; the quality of any material or services purchased or obtained by you through this website will meet your expectations; and any errors will be corrected.
- Any material downloaded or otherwise accessed through this website is done at your discretion and risk. You will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the accessing or downloading of any such material this website may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other websites or resources. Because Burleson Legal Group has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Burleson Legal Group is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such websites or resources. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that Burleson Legal Group shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any Content, goods, or services available through any such site or resource. Moreover, you acknowledge and agree that Burleson Legal Group shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of any linked website. Burleson Legal Group has not tested any software or email addresses associated with linked websites, and makes no representations as to the quality or safety of any software or email address found on the internet.