About Burleson Legal Group
What is so unique about Burleson Legal Group? Aren’t there other experienced bankruptcy law firms out there? Over the last 22 years, our founder attorney David Burleson has only represented debtors seeking debt relief and has never represented a creditor. That’s because he has a true passion for serving those in need and helping them get the fresh start they deserve.
Additionally, Dave has also learned a thing or two, both good and bad, from owning and managing a large multi-state bankruptcy law firm called Fresh Start Legal Group.
The good: his continued focus on educating his clients about the bankruptcy process works well to alleviate his client’s stress and makes the process more efficient for everyone involved.
The bad: multiple staff and multiple attorneys worked on any given file which led to confusion, miscommunications, and lack of trust.
Well, no more! At Burleson Legal Group, each client is assigned only one individual bankruptcy attorney. That attorney is the same attorney you first consulted with and remains your point of contact from start to finish. There are no paralegals or assistants who work on your case, just your attorney. They know your case like the back of their hand, having gotten to know you throughout the process. We believe this personalized attention sets us apart from other experienced bankruptcy firms. 608-268-9073
Chapter 13 bankruptcy is a unique tool to re-organize and catch up on important bills that may have fallen behind, such as a house payment. Burleson Legal Group will work with you to help design a budget that allows you to catch up and keep the property that you want.
(Wisconsin Residents Only)
Chapter 128 is not a bankruptcy, but rather a state law available only to Wisconsin residents. Known as a personal amortization, Chapter 128 takes the terms of debt repayment or negotiation out of the hands of the creditor and empowers you to pay down your debts.
Life After Bankruptcy
In the aftermath of filing for bankruptcy you may feel a sense of great relief. But this is just the beginning of your fresh start. At Burleson Legal Group, your attorney will advise you on how to rebuild your credit as quickly as possible. Your success is our success.
Common ways to rebuild your credit:
- Create a successful budget and don’t make unnecessary purchases.
- Keep up on non-bankrupt debts like student loans, your mortgage and vehicle payments.
- Try to maintain long-term employment and avoid job hopping.
- Obtain a secured credit card and use it each month. However, do not exceed 30% of its credit limit and pay it off in full each month before its statement date
- Obtain a credit rebuilder loan. Newer loan products that are tailored to rebuild credit.
- Monitor your credit report regularly. You get one free credit report from each of the 3 credit bureaus every year.
- Immediately dispute all errors on the credit reports once discovered.
- Contact us immediately to satisfy Wisconsin judgments entered against you prior to filing bankruptcy.
At Burleson Legal Group our goal is that each client attains their personal financial goals.
Ready For Consultation?
We’re available day or night. Don’t delay, schedule your free consultation today!
Contact Burleson Legal Group Today
The first step toward your financial fresh start is to call or email us today. You will speak with a down-to-earth and experienced debt relief attorney who will lay out your options in an easy-to-understand manner. The consultation itself doesn’t take long and it is free. We look forward to hearing from you today!